Allied Physiotherapy would like to remind all of our patients:
- If you are feeling any flu, cough or cold-like symptoms, please call your respective clinic and let them know as soon as possible
- If anyone in your immediate household or someone you have been in contact with is being tested for COVID-19, we ask that you do not come to the clinic until they receive a negative test result. We can see you virtually during this time.
- A mask is mandatory to enter any of our clinics
- Please wait in your car until your appointment time unless specified by the receptionist that you can enter the clinic early
No need to worry- if you need to stay at home due to medical concerns, work or family commitments, we can convert your current in-clinic appointment to a Virtual appointment at the same time
Just as we ask all of our patients not to enter the clinic if they are feeling unwell, we also ask this of all of our staff and practitioners. If your practitioner is unable to come into the clinic, we may call and switch your appointment to a Virtual session to ensure that you do not miss any appointments on your road to recovery. To make sure that our patients are up to date on all information regarding Virtual appointments, we have put together a few questions and answers below!
We Still Offer Telehealth!
As new information comes from our Provincial Health Officer, Allied Physiotherapy would like to remind you that we are OPEN to assist you on the telephone or our virtual platform through video and telephone (smartphone)! We are staying on top of your health during these challenging times by implementing new innovative approaches to health care. This will ensure you continue to achieve your health and fitness goals.
What is TeleHealth?
We are offering Physiotherapy and Kinesiology sessions via a tablet, telephone (smartphone) or laptop for BC residents.
What Do I Need?
- A laptop or desktop computer with speakers and a microphone
- Google Chrome (recommended), Moxilla Firefox, or Safari 11 or newer (for Apple devices)
- An open space for exercise and movement
- A well-lit area so we can see you (for video consults)
What Can You Do in a TeleHealth Appointment?
- Initial Assessment or Consultation
- Ergonomic Education & Correction in your Home Environment
- Self Help Measures
- Exercise Prescription, Review and Progressions
- Virtual Treatment Plan
- Answer Any Questions You May Have About Your Recovery
Will My Insurance Cover It?
Most Insurance providers have agreed to cover TeleHealth/Virtual Visits, however, please check with your Extended Provider to determine your specific coverage or email email@example.com for more information
How Does It Work?
You will have a scheduled time for your consult, just like a regular in-clinic appointment
- For video consults, you will receive an email from your clinic for a TeleHealth appointment. Just click the link or the join now button in the email and you will be automatically connected with your therapist.
- No account setup is required. Please make sure to allow pop up windows on your computer, which could otherwise restrict the appointment.
How Do I Book an Appointment?
Please call or email your respective clinics to set up your appointment! We will help with everything you may need. You can click here to see a list of all of our locations. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.