What is Telehealth? What Do I Need?
We are offering physiotherapy and kinesiology visits via telephone (smartphone), tablet or laptop for BC residents. For your session, you will need:
- A laptop or desktop computer with speakers and a microphone
- Google Chrome (recommended), Moxilla Firefox, or Safari 11 or newer (for Apple devices)
- An open space for exercise and movement
- A well lit area so we can see you (for video consults)
- Exercise bands, baseball/lacrosse ball, soccer ball and any other equipment you may have
How Does a TeleHealth Visit Work?
You will have a scheduled time for your consult just like a regular in clinic appointment.
- For video consults, you will receive an email from your clinic for a TeleHealth appointment when your Physiotherapist or Kinesiologist is ready. Just click the join now button in the email and you will be automatically connected with your therapist.
- No account making is required . Please make sure to allow pop up windows on your computer, which could restrict the appointment.
Benefits of Telehealth
- Continued care: Virtual visits allow for continuous access to a physical therapist for treatment and positive outcomes.
- Prevention: Utilize a custom home exercise program to maintain your strength, endurance and prevent new injuries
- Stay proactive: Schedule a virtual visit to discuss new pain or symptoms with your physical therapist and develop a personalized program of care.
- Access from anywhere: Work ‘one on one’ with your physical therapist in the privacy and comfort of your own home via our virtual platform saving time, travel and keeping you safe
Will My Insurance Cover It?
Most Insurance providers have agreed to cover TeleHealth/Virtual Visits, however please check with your Extended Provider to determine your specific coverage or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How do I book an appointment?
Please call or email the clinic closest to you to set up your appointment, or fill out the form below and we will do the rest!